What We're About
The Dick Pond Fast Track Racing Team is a premier running club in the northwest, west, and far west suburbs of Chicago for runners of all abilities and experience. The team has grown to over 200 members strong. We train and race together with similar goals and interests. Through camaraderie, friendship, and the pursuit of excellence, the team participates in CARA circuit races and have been the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 CARA team CHAMPIONS! For the 2014 season we have expanded the race circuit to over 30 local races in Chicago and the suburbs. Members of the team are outfitted in a team singlet and have the opportunity to score points at key team races towards end-of-the-year prizes. All members are asked to be ambassadors of the brand Saucony, and of our family run specialty business, Dick Pond Athletics. In addition, members are asked to race in as many races as they are able, representing the team in a positive manner. The strength of this team is the
Power of the Group philosophy. Our runners train and compete in road races and marathons, as well as serve as pace leaders for many races, as a team.
Learn more about the Dick Pond Athletics Fast Track Racing team and find out how to become a member on the Membership Info and Sign Up pages.
Our training runs are open to everyone, you do not need to be on the Fast Track team to participate. All paces are welcome as well. Additional information and special announcements for each workout can be found on the Scheduled Runs
= Performance booster!
- The Tuesday Night Track Workouts meets every Tuesday at 6:00 PM from mid-March thru early-November at Benet Academy in Lisle, IL.
Speed work begins Tuesday, March 18th through November 4th. For information or questions please contact our Fast Track team ambassadors: Christine Bell, John Brazda, Denise Hefferin, or Liz Ruvalcaba.Full Information
- The Wednesday Night Speed Club meets every Wednesday at 6:15 PM from mid-March thru early-November at Geneva High School outdoor track in Geneva, IL.
Speed work begins Thursday March 13th and goes through November 7th. For information or questions please contact our Fast Track team ambassadors and speed group leaders:
Dan Crayche - firstname.lastname@example.org; Brooke Williams - email@example.com; Greg Campbell - firstname.lastname@example.org; Jenn Tribble - email@example.com
- The Wednesday Night Track Workout meets every Wednesday at 6:00 PM from late March until late October at Harper College outdoor track in Palatine, IL.
All paces are welcome. Cost is $1.00 per person. Full Information
- The North Side Speed Club meets every Thursday at 6:30 PM from early-May thru early-November at North Park's River Park Track in Chicago, IL.
Speed work begins Thursday May 8th and goes through November.Full Information
Dick Pond Store Fun Runs
- The Monday Night Fun Run meets every Monday at 6:00 PM at Dick Pond - Schaumburg in Schaumburg, IL.
There are several groups that run variance distances including 4, 5, 8 and 9 miles.Full Information
- The Tuesday Night Fun Run meets every Tuesday at 6:30 PM at Dick Pond - St. Charles in St. Charles, IL.
There are several groups that run variance distances.Full Information
- The Thursday Night Fun Run meets every Thursday at 6:00 PM at Dick Pond - Lisle in Lisle, IL.
There are several groups that run a variety of distances including 3, 4, and 5+ miles.Full Information
Weekend Group Runs
- The Friday Morning Recovery Run meets every Friday at various start times from April until November, except if falling on Independence Day at Starbucks at Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg, IL.Full Information
- The Barrington Hills Group Run meets every Saturday at various start times all year round except if falling on Independence Day, Christmas, or Team Race days at Barrington High School in Barrington, IL.Full Information
- The Saturday Team Run meets every Saturday at various start times from throughout Spring, Summer and Fall at Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village, IL.Full Information
- The Trail Heads Group Run meets every Saturday at 7:30 AM All Year Round at various locations.
Join us on Saturday mornings for a change of pace and location. Each week we start our long runs from different DuPage, Cook, Kane, or Will county forest preserves as we build our mileage towards Fall endurance races.
- The Park Ridge Saturday Long Run meets every Saturday at 7:00 AM from throughout Spring, Summer and Fall at Dick Pond - Park Ridge in Park Ridge, IL.
Come run with Fast Track at our new regularly scheduled long group run in Park Ridge. All paces are welcome.Full Information
- The Sunday Team Run meets every Sunday at from throughout Spring, Summer and Fall at Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village, IL.Full Information